Last week I had the pleasure of traveling with Nigel Toplis, ComputerXplorers Master License for the UK. I have known Nigel since 2004 but each time we meet I walk away with something new.
Things that I did know about Nigel:
- 15 years in franchising, Managing Director of 4 major franchise companies,
- former chairman of the British Franchise Association (BFA)
- received franchisor of the Year under BFA in 2003
- loves horse racing and fine wine
Things that I learned during our travel:
- author of 5 books which are 60 minute guides to business (2 related to franchising) and he is working on his 6th
- I know that Nigel has a driving ambition for business but until last week I didn’t fully understand his passion for franchising and his desire for his business or businesses to be the best in the industry.
- He has a strong belief in hard work not only for himself but his staff and his franchisees and nothing less is acceptable.
- He believes his responsibility is to assist prospective franchisees in selecting a franchise that fits well with their experience, expectations, resources and skills, Steps in the process are : suitability; investment level; industry; comparing franchise options; advice; and making a decision.
- Plays piano!
I am comfortable speaking for the entire COMPUTER EXPLORERS team when I say that Nigel always sends us strong franchisees for new owner training. I think my next step to get to know Nigel and the entire ComputerXplorers team is to make a visit across the pond myself!